St. Petersburg boat tours are a fantastic way to spend an afternoon. There’s something exhilarating about being out on the water, exploring a mysterious frontier. Throw in the beautiful landscape/seascape and you have a fun, safe adventure suitable for a solo adventurer or a romantic outing.
What’s your favorite type of tour? Something calm and relaxing? Something fast and frenetic? How about something radically different than what you’ll find elsewhere in the United States?
The Calm, Quiet, Romantic Outing
You’ll have quite a few options in this regard. You can elect to embark on:
- Sunday Jazz Lunch Cruise — Technically, this can either be a St. Petersburg or Clearwater boat tour. This 2.5-hour smooth-water cruise offers visitors the chance to sightsee the beautiful inland waters, while also providing a delicious Sunday lunch, a DJ, and room for dancing.
- Gourmet Dinner Dance Cruise — Like the Sunday Jazz Lunch Cruise, this 2.5-hour smooth-water cruise offers lunch, a DJ, and dancing — but does so in the evening, granting participants the chance of experiencing beautiful sunsets, a view of the stars, and a setting bathed in moonlight.
- Sightseeing Cruise — This 2-hour cruise, leaving from Clearwater, cuts out the meals and dancing and focuses entirely on beautiful Tampa Bay. Relax and listen to the informative narrator as he fills you in on the history of our beautiful part of the world.
For the more adventurous types, there are also several different fun tours you can take.
- Barrier Islands Private Boat Excursion — Experience the pristine beauty of the Florida Gulf Coast’s barrier islands. This 4-hour tour, which is fully customizable, offers adventurers the chance to choose from 6 different fun, water-based activities (kayaking, snorkeling, dolphin watching, shell hunting, tubing, or sea scoot rides). If you’re really adventurous, you can even do all 6!
- Dolphin Racer Speed Boat Cruise — This adventure (and we do stress adventure) typically lasts from 60-90 minutes, and spans parts of the Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico. According to the tour operators, the vessel’s high speed kicks up a large wake, which allows the nearby dolphins jump and bodysurf alongside the boat.
- Everglades Day Safari — Admittedly, this is a farther drive than Clearwater or St. Pete. This adventure, which leaves out of Fort Myers (less than 2 hours south of Gulfport), takes you through a variety of different ecosystems that form the Florida Everglades. Over 9.5 hours, you’ll learn all about the area’s unique natural and cultural history from a trained naturalist/guide.
- Everglades Safari Adventure — This, too, leaves from Fort Myers. Enjoy a 4-hour adventure in the Everglades. One hour will be spent on an airboat, traversing swamps amidst alligators and exotic birds. After, visitors are treated to an interactive reptile demonstration, offering them the chance to see and hold some of the Everglades most famous inhabitants.
All great vacations need a great suite. You can check our availability online. We even have our own award-winning restaurant, Isabelle’s! Don’t wait — book today! And if you haven’t already, be sure to download our FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide! The guide offers an insider’s take on things to do and see in the Gulfport area.