If you’re looking for a beautiful spot in downtown St. Pete, look no further than North Straub Park! The park offers a relaxing atmosphere, beautiful views, and frequent events and activities. In this article, we’re going to examine some of our very favorite things to do in North Straub Park.
Top X Things to Do in North Straub Park
- Relax (with or without your furry, four-legged friend): North Straub Park is a great place to relax, which might mean a leisurely walk along the park’s waterfront, or even lounging in the green grass on a warm Florida day. The park offers ample shaded areas beneath picturesque tree canopies. It’s absolutely perfect for a picnic!
- Visit the Dog Park: If you happen to have your dog with you, take them over for a fun romp in the dog park. They’re on vacation, too! They’ll appreciate the chance to make a few new friends.
- Manatee Watch: Yes, people have reported seeing manatees swimming around near the park in Tampa Bay. Keep an eye out!
- Movies in the Park: North Straub Park is a great place to lay a blanket on the ground, relax with your loved ones, and watch a movie. Movie nights are every Thursday. There’s music before the show (6 p.m.), followed by the movie at dusk. Keep an eye on the Discover Downtown St. Petersburg Events Calendar page.
- Photography: This is such a perfect setting for photography. If you’re looking for a great place to take a family photo, this is it. The setting includes green grass, beautiful landscaping, picturesque trees, and Tampa Bay glittering behind it all.
- Attend a Variety of Fun Events: North Straub Park hosts a variety of fun events throughout the year. For instance, this November 3rd, it will host an event featuring Tacos, Tequila, and Margarita Making. The following night, November 4th, they’ll have an upscale beer night with more than 100 local and national beers. Finally, on the 5th, they’ll host a wine-tasting with a large selection of fine wines and first-rate cuisine. Fun events are a fairly regular occurrence at the park, so keep your eyes on their events calendar (see link above).
After the Park
As you can see, there’s quite a bit happening at North Straub Park! The park is conveniently located in downtown St. Petersburg, very close to shopping and fine dining, so if you need a break from that, head over to the shaded beauty and comfort of our waterfront park. You won’t regret it!
After a day strolling the beautiful streets of St. Pete (or our beloved Gulfport), head back to the Historic Peninsula Inn for a delicious meal at our award-winning restaurant, Isabelle’s. Rand McNally awarded Isabelle two illustrious prizes: “Best of the Beaches” and “Best of the Road.” We hope you’ll agree! Stop by for delicious New Southern cuisine and live music four nights per week. If you’re interested, click the link to view Isabelle’s Menu.
Following that delicious meal, return to your comfortable suite here at the Historic Peninsula Inn. The Inn offers a variety of suites designed to meet the needs of everyone from solo travelers to families of four. We hope you’ll join us!
If you haven’t already, be sure to download your FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide! It’s full of helpful hints and tips from local insiders so you can make the most of your Gulfport vacation!