Located in an extremely walkable town filled with beautiful sites and fun shops, Gulfport, FL restaurants are considered some of the finest in Florida. The downtown area boasts many locally-owned eateries offering fresh and high-quality cuisine. Whether you are looking for traditional establishments, a modern alternative or just a fun place to spend the evening, these Gulfport, FL restaurants will turn your visit at The Historic Peninsula Inn into a unique experience!
If you like to combine delicious food with traveling, Gulfport, FL is the place for you! Make sure you download our FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide and discover more Gulfport, FL restaurants and bars where you can enjoy tasty and authentic food.
Some of the best Gulfport, FL restaurants and Florida’s!
Are you looking for a romantic and cozy atmosphere? Or maybe a fun and festive place to party? Whatever ambiance you desire, Gulfport has it! Take a look at our selection of the best Gulfport, FL restaurants and make your choice.
Get a Taste of the South
- Isabelle’s: Isabelle’s is our award-winning restaurant right here in the Historic Peninsula Inn. Relax and enjoy our delicious seasonal specials in an authentic and fun atmosphere. You’ll even be entertained by some great Sinatra classics while you eat.
- Backfin Blue Cafe: Backfin Blue Cafe is located in a 1920’s cottage-turned-restaurant and serves delicious food in a charming, Old Florida setting. Taste their famous jumbo lump crab cake or southern BBQ rubbed salmon and accompany your meal with a glass of fine wine. The menu has a great selection from California, France or Italy!
- Stella’s: Stella’s is the perfect place to get breakfast or brunch. All the recipes are inspired by the owner’s aunt, who devoted her life to the church as a nun and to her passion of cooking. Get a real taste of the south with homemade biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, or corned beef hash.
Somewhere Unique and Fun
- Neptune Grill: The Neptune Grill is our favorite local Greek restaurant. It offers delicious exotic food in a beautiful, bay-view setting. Enjoy authentic greek gyro platters and Mousaka in the heart of Gulfport, FL, and relax to the sound of live music several nights a week.
- O’Maddy’s Bar & Grille: O’Maddy’s is perfect for a fun night out. They offer a brilliant combination of a beautiful setting, great food, and great entertainment. Brace yourself for awesome live music and try your hand at karaoke – if you’re up to it!
- Mangia Gourmet: This is the place for vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free travelers. It’s also a great option for the health-conscious! Mangia Gourmet serves locally-grown and homemade products and has won several awards. Check out their weekly Open Mic nights every thursday night.
Other Restaurants near St Petersburg
- The Mill Restaurant: Voted “Best New Restaurant in Florida”, The Mill offers an exquisite selection of gourmet American classics in a modern atmosphere. With watermelon bruschettas, cider braised mussels and red curry coconut braised short rib, their menu is impeccable!
- Ceviche Tapas: Head to Spain for the evening and savor the best tapas at Ceviche! From authentic paella to Calamares Fritas, enjoy their delicious selection with a glass of housemade sangria. Dive deeper into Spanish culture with their Flamenco shows and live music in the underground bar.
- Brick and Mortar: A rare combination of eclectic and fresh ingredients, Brick and Mortar offers a creative take on gourmet food. We recommend the Carpaccio of beef tenderloin with house made raviolis or the fat noodles with herbed goat cheese and fresh peas.
Have a Relaxing Getaway at The Historic Peninsula Inn
After a night out in Gulfport, walk back to your suite at The Historic Peninsula Inn. We offer a variety of luxurious and comfortable accommodations, perfect for all types of travelers! From the couple on a romantic getaway to the family of four, our cozy and charming atmosphere is the perfect setting for your Old Florida adventure. Enjoy the best of Gulfport, FL and book your room today!