Today, we’re going to discuss the Gulfport Casino Ballroom. Let’s clear something up right off the bat: the Gulfport Casino never actually hosted any sort of gambling. Rather, the Gulfport Casino Ballroom is a venue which specializes in weddings, parties, and fun social events.
If you’re coming to Gulfport, don’t forget to download your FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide! The guide is chock full of advice from local insiders so you can make the most of your Gulfport vacation!
Before we discuss the events, let’s talk about the actual facility itself. The Gulfport Casino Ballroom is a historic landmark located right on the Boca Ciega Bay. In addition to its waterfront views, it offers a 5,000 sq. foot maple dance floor, which is perfect for all sorts of parties and get-togethers.
Gulfport Casino Ballroom Events
As you might guess from the name, there’s quite a bit of dancing that takes place. Their weekly schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday afternoons, 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.: General Ballroom Dancing Instruction. The Beginner Lesson runs from 12:00 – 1:00, the Advanced Lesson from 1:00 – 2:00, and the Ballroom Social from 2:00 – 3:00.
- Tuesday nights, 6:30 – 11:00 p.m.: Argentine Tango. If you’ve never tried Argentine Tango before, it’s one of the world’s most romantic dances. The Argentine Tango Beginner Lesson starts at 6:30, and the Milonga (the social dance portion) runs from 8:00 – 11:00.
- Wednesday nights, 6:00 – 11:00 p.m.: Swing Dance. The teachers offer Lindy Hop lessons from 6:00 – 7:00, and East Coast Swing lessons from 7:00 – 8:00. Come learn the fundamentals of each, then try your hand at them during the Swing Social!
- Thursday nights, 6:00 – 11:00 p.m.: Latin Night. If you’ve never tried salsa dancing, you’re missing out! It’s a lot of fun, and a great way to meet new people. You can learn the basics from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., with a Salsa Social from 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.
They also host some Sunday night ballroom dances once per month (2nd Sunday). You can learn more about their schedule on the Weekly Dances page.
Best of all, admission to these events is a reasonable $8, and $5 for students. You won’t need a partner, either, although you’re more than welcome to bring one. Gulfport is full of happy vacationers and friendly locals, so you’ll make plenty of new friends!
After you’ve Lindy Hopped, Salsaed, or Tangoed, head out for a nightcap with your new friends at some of Gulfport’s lively bars. We highly recommend O’Maddy’s and Salty’s.
- O’Maddy’s offers a festive atmosphere, great drinks, delicious food, and frequent live music/karaoke. It’s on the water and open until 3 a.m., making it the perfect place to chat with your new friends!
- Salty’s is another fun option. Salty’s offers great drinks, as well as video games, pool tables, dart boards, cornhole, and flat screen TVs. It, like O’Maddy’s, is on the water, and stays open until 1 a.m. on weekends.
Sadly, even fun evenings must come to an end. When they do, return to a beautiful suite here at the Historic Peninsula Inn. The inn offers a wide variety of accommodations to suit the needs of almost every traveler, from the solo businessperson, to the couple on a romantic holiday, to the family of four exploring Old Florida. We even have our own award-winning on-site restaurant, Isabelle’s! We hope to see you soon!
And if you’re coming to Gulfport, don’t forget to download your FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide! The guide is chock full of advice from local insiders so you can make the most of your Gulfport vacation!