Craft beer has exploded over the last decade or so. Long-time giants like Anheuser-Busch and Miller Brewing have relinquished significant portions of their market share to small breweries popping up nationwide.
Green Bench Brewing is one of those companies. The microbrewery, St. Petersburg’s first, opened just a few years ago, but already has a devout following amongst locals. The brewhouse and tasting room sit in a 6,000 sq. foot warehouse, with a 1,500 sq. foot tasting room, and a 6,000 sq. foot beer garden. The tasting room offers observation windows overlooking the brewing area, and a large window looking out over Central Avenue. On those hot, sunny days, you can sit outside in the beer garden on their covered patio. Visit the Green Bench Brewing website to learn more.
If you’re interested in the brewery, we can only assume you’re interested in beer! Green Bench Brewing offers a wide variety of beers, ranging from the 2.3% De Soto Low Micro IPA to the 10.4% Your Silent Captain Imperial Stout. Truly, they have something for all types of beer fans.
- Saison de Banc Vert (6.5% ABV, Saison) – This beer, a gold medal winner at the 2014 US Open Beer Championship, combines hints of citrus fruits with spicy phenols.
- Green Bench IPA (6.8% ABV, American-style IPA) – This, they note, is their “benchmark beer.”
- Skyway Wheat (4.5% ABV, American Wheat Ale) – Contains four different types of hops for a citrusy and piney flavor.
- Sunshine City IPA (6.8% ABV, IPA) – Double-hopped with Mosaic, Citra, and Azacca hops, creating an extremely tropical taste.
- Les Grisettes (4% ABV, Farmhouse Ale) – Brewed with spelt, buckwheat, rye, and oats. The word “grisette” refers to the traditional gray garments the Belgian women wore when they served these beers to coal miners.
- Stay Dry Stout (5% ABV, Irish Dry Stout) – Black as coal, light in taste, and with notes of chocolate, dark caramel, and coffee.
- Maximo Milk Stout (5% ABV, Milk Stout) – Full-bodied, dark, sweet, and exhibiting notes of espresso, caramel, and coffee.
- Middle Eastern Brown Ale (6% ABV, Brown Ale) – Uses a variety of Middle Eastern ingredients: Yemeni spices, dates, raisins, and allepo peppers.
- Surrealist IPA (7% ABV, Semi-American IPA) – Combines the tart and puckering qualities of a sour ale with the tropical and bitter characteristics of an American IPA. The result? The Surrealist IPA – an homage to Salvador Dali’s paintings housed in the Dali Museum in downtown St. Pete.
- De Soto Low Micro IPA (2.3% ABV, Micro IPA) – A new take on IPAs. It has all of the hop flavor of other IPAs, but with only 2.3% ABV.
- Demens’ Black IPA (7.3% ABV, Black IPA) – Bold, dark, and aggressively hoppy.
- Greenhouse Double Stout (7% ABV, American Stout) – Green Bench describes its flavors as “full-bodied, coffee, bitter chocolate, and bitter roast elements.”
- Saison de Banc Noir (6% ABV, Saison) – Combines roasted wheat with Belgian candi syrups, creating a beer boasting notes of raisins, dark grape, and peppercorns.
They also have a number of other bottles you can enjoy on the premises or take home with you. Be sure to visit Green Bench’s On Tap and To Go page to learn more.
Every great vacation requires a great place to stay. The Historic Peninsula Inn offers beautiful suites, all situated in the heart of gorgeous Gulfport, Florida. Be sure to view our accommodations, or even schedule a wedding or event.
Be sure to download our Gulfport Vacation Guide! It offers tips from insiders on all the great attractions Gulfport has to offer.