The Blueberry Patch in Gulfport is perfect for vacationers seeking a truly unique artistic experience. Our area is well-known for its eclectic lifestyle, and the Blueberry Patch embodies that spirit quite well. It is, in their words, the “nation’s oldest artists retreat,” and the home of “Art, Love, Music, and good times.”
Interested in unique Gulfport experiences, like the Blueberry Patch? Don’t forget to download a free copy of your Gulfport Vacation Guide!
The Blueberry Patch’s late founder, Dallas Bohrer, devised a calendar of events based on numerology. He scheduled events every month on the 1st (represents the creative force), 7th (represents a gathering of people who send out the creator’s vibrations to the universe), the 11th (represents peace), and the 22nd (represents grace). Attendees often include musicians, artists, and a wide variety of other groups.
Those same attendees describe an atmosphere of peace and love, aglow with fairy lights and with artwork dotting the landscape.
Blueberry Patch Events
As previously mentioned, many of the Patch’s events occur on the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 22nd. You can view their Events page on their website for a more comprehensive schedule. Here’s their schedule through December 2016:
- Tuesday, October 11th, 8 p.m.: Open Jam with the Blueberry Patch Ramblers
- Saturday, October 22nd, 8 p.m.: NoNeed Tour Kickoff at the Blueberry Patch; Paint at The Patch
- Tuesday, November 1st, 8 p.m.: Open Mic with Barry Ertel
- Monday, November 7th, 8 p.m.: Open Mic with Troy Youngblood, featuring American Song Box
- Friday, November 11th, 8 p.m.: Open Jam with the Blueberry Patch Ramblers
- Saturday, November 19th, 12 p.m.: 14th Annual Burning Blueberry Brother
- Tuesday, November 22nd, 8 p.m.: Screaming J’s
- Thursday, December 1st, 8 p.m.: Open Mic with Troy Youngblood
- Saturday, December 3rd, 6 p.m.: Hometeam New Years Rally Pre-Party
- Wednesday, December 7th, 8 p.m.: Open Mic featuring Somatic
- Sunday, December 11th, 8 p.m.: Open Jam with the Blueberry Patch Ramblers
- Thursday, December 22nd, 8 p.m.: Holiday Party with Russ Bower’s Isn’t Dead Yet
Doors open at 7 p.m., and close at 1 a.m. on weeknights and 2 a.m. on weekends. Tickets are $5. Minors are welcome with an adult, but they must leave by midnight. Guests are invited to bring their own food and drink, and if you’re attending during the summer, bug repellent. If you’re planning to stay most of the night, you might also consider bringing a chair.
Open Mic nights: bring your artistic talent and thrill the crowd! There are only 10 spots available, so make sure you arrive early and sign up. All acts must be safe, legal, entertaining, and moderately appropriate for children.
Open Jam nights: bring your instrument and join the house band!
We hope you’ll go out and experience one of Gulfport’s most unique experiences.
After the Blueberry Patch
After an evening dancing (or even engaging in some sort of performance art), return to your nice, cozy room at the Historic Peninsula Inn. The Inn offers a variety of different accommodations which are perfectly suited for everyone from the solo business traveler, to the couple on a romantic getaway, to a family of four on a tour of Old Florida. You can even enjoy meals at our award-winning on-site restaurant, Isabelle’s. We hope to see you soon!
If you’re heading this way, don’t forget to download your FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide! The guide offers great advice so you can make the most of your Gulfport vacation.