If you’re in the market for good food, it’s hard to top Gulfport. Visitors rave about the wide selection of great restaurants in our beautiful town. Take a walk along Beach Boulevard, pick a restaurant, and you’re pretty much guaranteed to have a great meal. To make matters better, Gulfport is also extremely safe, so diners can have a few drinks before walking back home.
Here’s our list of the top 10 restaurants in Gulfport FL:
- Isabelle’s: Isabelle’s is our restaurant here at the Historic Peninsula Inn. It specializes in New Southern cuisine, and features live music several nights per week. It receives our #1 spot because it’s a multi-award winning restaurant; Rand McNally awarded Isabelle’s its prestigious “Best of the Beaches” and “Best of the Road” prizes. Give it a try! You won’t regret it.
- Pia’s Trattoria: Pia’s offers some of the tastiest Italian food in Florida. The food is always fresh and in-season. Visitors rave about – well, just about everything. It’s a beautiful setting; a great, ever-changing menu; and amazing desserts. Truly, this is a fantastic dining option. If you love Italian food, don’t miss out on Pia’s!
- Stella’s: If you’re looking for breakfast, brunch, or lunch at any time of day, be sure to head over to Stella’s. Stella’s offers a menu full of delicious items, like sausage and gravy, fried green tomatoes, corned beef hash, reubens, and much, much more. Be sure to check ‘em out!
- Mangia Gourmet: Mangia Gourmet caters specifically to those seeking vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. They try to use only locally-grown and locally-sourced food and drink (where possible), so you know it’s always fresh. If you’d like more information, you can view their menu
- O’Maddy’s Bar & Grille: O’Maddy’s is a brilliant combination of a beautiful setting, great food, great atmosphere, and fun. If you’re looking for a quiet, candlelit dinner for two, this probably isn’t your destination. If you’re looking for great food, great drinks, and (depending on the night) either live music or karaoke, this is your spot.
- T & Me Tea Company: Despite the name, this is more than just a tea shop. Visitors rave about their food, particularly their English muffins and breakfast sandwiches. And, of course, don’t forget to sample their specialty coffees and teas.
- Smokin’ J’s BBQ: As the name implies, Smokin’ J’s specializes in delicious, Texas-style barbeque. Nothing fancy here. Just ribs, pulled pork, brisket, sausage, wings, and ice cold soft drinks and beer. If you love BBQ, what else do you need?
- Backfin Blue Café: This 1920’s cottage-turned-restaurant offers delicious food in a charming Old Florida setting. They offer a variety of seafood (jumbo lump crabcakes, southern BBQ rubbed salmon) and landlubber dishes (meatloaf, slow-roasted prime rib), along with pastas, flatbreads, and an extensive selection of wines.
- Neptune Grill: There are few things in this world more delicious than Greek food. Neptune Grill offers all of your Greek favorites, combined with a view of the beach and live music several nights per week.
- Habana Café: The Habana Café offers the best in authentic Cuban cuisine. Go hungry (they offer generous portions), and be sure to try the Cuban pork!
As you can see, there are plenty of good restaurants in our small little town. Many offer beautiful views and/or live music – but they all offer delicious food.
So come on down and enjoy some delicious cuisine in a charming, Old Florida setting. The Historic Peninsula Inn is conveniently located in downtown Gulfport, and offers a wide variety of beautiful accommodations.
Don’t forget to download our FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide! It’s chock full of useful information to make your stay in Gulfport even better!