Every vacation needs a stop-off at some great local bars and breweries. We’ve compiled a list of the best bars in St. Petersburg, FL (including Gulfport). Take a look!
- O’Maddy’s – O’Maddy’s is where you go if you’re looking for an exciting atmosphere, ocean views, and great food. The restaurant offers exceptional food with fresh ingredients, an extensive drink menu, and almost daily entertainment. On Mondays, loosen up those vocal cords for a karaoke contest. On Wednesday (also Ladies Night) through Sunday, enjoy some live music. No matter which day you choose, you’re almost guaranteed to find an excited, fun-loving crowd. Don’t miss out! O’Maddy’s Events
- Neptune’s – Neptune’s is a great place for fresh seafood and Greek cuisine. They also offer delicious, reasonably-priced drinks served up by their fantastic bartenders. Be sure to sit outside on the covered patio overlooking the water and enjoy some great live music. If you’d like to learn more, you can view Neptune’s menu
- Salty’s – Salty’s, like O’Maddy’s, is the kind of place you go if you’re looking for fun and excitement. The bar is a non-smoking, open-air hangout with video games, pool tables, dart boards, and big-screen TVs. The bar also features an indoor stage for live music (which they offer Thursday through Sunday), and the outside deck is dog-friendly (which is relevant since, as you’ll recall, the Historic Peninsula Inn is pet-friendly). To top it all off, Salty’s is also waterfront, so you’re also assured a beautiful view. Games, live music, great drinks, fun atmosphere, nice view – be sure to check out Salty’s!
All of the above (O’Maddy’s, Neptune’s, and Salty’s) are located in Gulfport.
- Green Bench Brewing – Fun history fact: this was actually St. Petersburg’s first microbrewery. Green Bench won the U.S. Open Beer Championships for its Saison de Banc Vert (Gold), French Oak Rye Sour Brown (Gold), Spring Bloom IIPA (Bronze), and French/Belgian Saison (Bronze). As far as the facilities go, there’s a beautiful 1,500 square foot indoor, air-conditioned tasting room, along with a landscaped 6,000 square foot seating area with covered patio. For fun, Green Bench offers Tuesday movie nights, live music on the weekends, an original Nintendo Entertainment System for nostalgic gamers, giant Jenga, cornhole, and much, much more. If you love beer, this needs to be one of your stops. View their On-Tap and To-Go offerings.
- 3 Daughters Brewing – While Green Bench is St. Pete’s oldest microbrewery, 3 Daughters brag that their operation is the largest. Their more popular offerings include the St. Pete Beach Blonde Ale, Bimini Twist IPA, Rod Bender Red Ale, and Stern Line Stout. As for entertainment, the brewery offers tours; trivia on Monday nights; and live music, craft beer, and food trucks on Friday and Saturday nights. Learn more about their brews.
And when it’s all said and done, return to your beautiful suite at the Historic Peninsula Inn. We are, as previously mentioned, a pet-friendly hotel located in the heart of Gulfport. We look forward to hearing from you!
…and if you haven’t already, be sure to download our FREE Gulfport Vacation Guide. The guide provides insider tips on getting the most out of your Gulfport vacation.